This is not the traditional Grandma’s apple tarts recipe, but its modern version. With a crispy crust and gooey filling, you can pop about 4 at once.
• Bread slices – 6
• Melted butter – 2 tbsp
• Apples – 2 no.
• Sugar – 2 tbsp
• Maple syrup – 1 tbsp
• Cinnamon – 1 tsp
• Use a rolling pin to flatten the bread completely .
• With a brush spread the melted butter on both sides .
• Cut the sides with a pizza cutter .
• Slightly press each of them in a muffin tray to form tart.
• Bake for 10 minutes at 180C it till edges turn golden brown.
• Add all ingredients in a pan, mix well .
• On low heat let the apples stew for about 20 minutes .
• Then strain the apples and let dry before adding to tarts.
Garnish with cinnamon slivers and/or our Crystal Sprinkles.
This recipe was brought to you by Naina Trehan our amazing guest blogger. Check out her blog at http://nainatrehan.wordpress.com/
Bake Mela has curated these beautiful crystal sprinkles in the Bake Shop. You can order them here : http://bakemela.com/shop/crystal-sprinkles-hamper.html
This recipe comes from the talented blogger – Naina Trehan. She can be followed at www.nainatrehan.wordpress.com .