The creamy texture of this vanilla pudding will leave you wanting for more always.
- Sugar – 2/3 cup
- Cornstarch – 1/4 cup
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Cocoa powder – 1/3 cup
- Milk – 2 1/2 cups
- Egg yolks – 4 no.
- Unsalted butter – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Place a fine-mesh sieve over a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, off heat, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Whisk in the milk slowly to dissolve the cornstarch
- Add egg yolks and whisk
- Whisking constantly, cook over medium heat until the first large bubble forms and sputters. Reduce heat to low; still whisking, cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; immediately pour through sieve into bowl. Stir butter and vanilla into hot pudding.
- Place plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding, to avoid forming a skin on top
- If you want to make chocolate pudding just add 1/3 cup of cocoa powder.
Garnish the vanilla pudding with cinnamon, chocolate flakes or fruit and nuts that you like.
This incredible recipe and photos are from Naina Trehan our talented guest blogger!!! Check out her blog at http://nainatrehan.wordpress.com/
We hope you enjoy it!