Yogurt Sugar Cookies
Try these simple-to-make yet yummy-to-eat sugar cookies that have the goodness of yogurt.
- Granulated sugar – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 5 tbsp
- Egg – 1
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Baking powder – 1 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar and softened butter till the mixture is pale.
- Combine egg and yogurt into the butter-sugar mixture and mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Put the dry mixture into the wet mixture gradually and form dough.
- Roll out the dough with 1/8 inch thickness and use cookie cutters to form shapes.
- Bake the cookies for 8 minutes at 180C on a greased pan/parchment paper.
Serving suggestion : You can als0 frost them with royal icing or ready-to-eat icing.
This recipe comes from the yummy-smelling kitchen of our guest blogger Naina Trehan. She can be followed at www. nainatrehan.wordpress.com